TN: 2004 Ramey Cabernet Sauvignon Larkmead Vineyard (USA, California, Napa Valley)

2004 Ramey Cabernet Sauvignon Larkmead Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/10/2018)
This was my last bottle of this beautiful Cab. PnP and drank with beef stroganoff. Boy this was at the top of it’s game tonight. Elegant fruit, licorice, earth and other complex secondary flavors. Amazing for a $70 bottle. Wish that I had more of this wine, it is so delicious. I believe it is at peak but should remain there for a while. Drink or hold. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

David gets deserved praise for his Chardonnays, but he also makes damned fine red wines.

Larkmead’s own 2004 Cabernet was outstanding, so I’m not surprised David Ramey did fine things with the fruit. That was apparently a great year for that vineyard.

I don’t have any '04 Larkmead but I do have some '06 Larkmead LMV. Per CT notes it’s also a really good wine.

Yep, that’s a winner, too.

We have had 6 of the 2004 Ramey Larkmead over the last 5 years and they have all been outstanding. We have had 2 this year and I would agree that they have reached a very nice plateau. I have 2 left and will probably drink them over the next couple of years although I think they will hold for a while longer than that. Great wine!

Benchmark had a few of the 04 at $90