TN: 2016 Sine Qua Non Deux Grenouilles (USA, California, Central Coast)

• 2016 Sine Qua Non Deux Grenouilles - USA, California, Central Coast (12/9/2018)
    36% Roussanne, 29% Chardonnay, 23% Viognier, 9% Petite Manseng, 3% Muscat. Open in bottle for 2hrs…starts out slow and muted, really puzzling at first…but after another hour it opens…showing wonderful rich fruits of apricot, peach, sautéed apples…waxy and viscous, yet crisp and fresh with citrus acidity and crushed geology. Plenty complexities and amazing florals…exotic honey butter, peach blossom, orange zest, lychee, flower bouquet, Muscat florals are evident. A restrained(for sqn) style, geared more towards the florals…sneaky chalk, smoked vanilla bean, and spice on the lingering, mouth coating finish. Another fantastic SQN white! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Always appreciate your taking one for the team and opening early. Sounds like I need to open one as well.

I broke into one of these sometime around Thanksgiving and really enjoyed it. I found it to be open enough to enjoy now. I’ve never had an older SQN white, but I fear that they will show their heat with age. I’m holding onto a few as a trial, but have no reservation sampling them early.

Cheers,
fred

Thanks for the great TN! Love the wine - just wish my cellar was built with wider 750s in mind - I can’t rack these!

A friend opened one after Thanksgiving. Here is my note on it:

2016 Sine Qua Non Deux Grenouilles - USA, California, Central Coast (11/23/2018)
Opened by Allred. Decanted a couple hours before drinking. 36% Roussanne, 29% Chardonnay, 23% Viognier, 9% Petite Manseng and 3% Muscat. Very aromatic with floral nuances. Creamy texture with peach, apple spice and chamomile notes. Full bodied and big but without any overtly alcoholic notes. Drunk very early in it’s life but still very enjoyable. 93 points

VM

Yes…these are getting killed off prematurely as they don’t fit in the racks! Enjoying another tonight as I needed the rack space for some champs! Slim it up MK!