TN: 2015 Château Pontet-Canet (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac)

• 2015 Château Pontet-Canet - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (12/9/2018)
    Decanted 8 hrs. From the first sniff it was obvious this was going to be a special experience, and it delivered, big time. The aromatics were divine, and very open for business; it sports all the classic Left Bank traits – Cassis, raspberry, floral scents buffered nicely against some deep soil tones as this is a Cabernet nose at its absolute best. The magic here was simple, while the palate continued the exuberance of the nose, and tracked equal characteristics too, the weight was light as a feather. Seamless as a Cashmere sweater, I cannot ever recall drinking a red that I was so enthralled with its textural qualities. Sticks the landing to appease even the cranky French Judge with a late, impeccably timed acidic note that adds the perfect cleansing finish. At this level, $115 is a steal. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

It’s $130 and $65 for the 375’s locally, but sounds like it’s still worth the price.

Still sitting on the 2005’s but really happy to hear that it’s another stellar vintage from this producer. Awesome to hear that it’s readily available in 375ml

Kirk, I too have some 05’s but they pretty much snarl at me for even looking in their direction. The 15 is pretty open for business if you get a chance to try one.

Thanks Dale for the TN. Got mine at $98. Maybe I will buy a half to taste.