Two pretty good inexpensive wines

My wife and I shared a couple of inexpensive nice wines this evening to quietly celebrate (maybe “acknowledge” would be a more accurate word) my ever increasing age. I know the slant of this board is often towards the higher end wines, but there is a lot of simple drinking pleasure to be had elsewhere on the price spectrum. Both wines were enjoyed with a cheese plate and baguette. We started with a half bottle of Ployez-Jacquemart, Extra Brut Rosé NV. I was influenced to buy a few bottle by posts on WB. Very nice, fine bubbles caress the tongue, bright fruit attack the palate, very dry taste and aftertaste. What more does one need? $20. We finished up with a half bottle of the third (or is it second, second) bottling from Suduiraut, which they call Lions de Suduiraut. This is very tasty. Balanced warm fruit, sweetness not too little or too much, enough acid to complement, and a long (again warm) finish. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a $12 wine! While I am still exploring wines further out on the price spectrum, I am very happy to have found these two. Both recommended.

Sounds like a nice celebration Jim. Congratulations on another year. We do the same in trying to find nice buys under $20 for the everyday wines. Much easier for whites than reds but it still can be done. When in comes to 375ml wines I agree that I would like to see more available in stores and restaurants. My spouse and I are not a full commercial winery yet(2019 target year) but we have been making wines from our grape varieties for 4 vintages now and we bottle 1/3 to 1/2 the volume in 375ml bottles. Some call us crazy for doing so but we do see the need from many angles. Congrats again on your birthday.