TN: 2002 Grosset Riesling Polish Hill Clare Valley

• 2002 Grosset Riesling Polish Hill Clare Valley - Australia, South Australia, Mount Lofty Ranges, Clare Valley (12/6/2018)
    Simply magnificent. Has a wisp of smoke to the aroma along with citrus blossom and Tahitian lime. The palate has a steely backbone and intense citrus fruit. It is still relatively compact and linear and has brilliant cut and outstanding length.

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note on a great wine. The '02 is one of my favourites.

Thanks for the note. I’m down to the last case (of many) and every one has been sensational

Top notch wine year in and year out. Under screw cap in 2002?

Cheers.

Glad to read. Used to buy these late 90s, early 2000s when we could get them for $US 20-25. All mine are gone now, but always enjoyed them.

Yes, screwcap Larry.

I tasted one of these once and was very impressed.

Thanks for the note, Jeremy. Have enjoyed this wine several times but unfortunately never see them at retail in Washington anymore.

Two silly questions. I have never actually heard anyone pronounce the winery name and the vineyard. Is it Grosset like how it reads, or is it Grossay like in French. Also, is the vineyard Polish as in nail polish or Polish as in Polish sausage? Thanks :slight_smile:

A hard T and Polish as in sausage.

Thanks for the note, Jeremy. Just this evening I was in my cellar with a guest and I pulled out this very wine to show him -the only Australian wine in my cellar I confess (but at least I have two bottles).