Bend, Oregon Wine Community

Anybody in Eastern Oregon especially Bend, know of a wine group?

Post a gathering and find out! [berserker.gif]

I know of a couple of wine enthusiasts in Bend, but if there was ever a city that was into beer in general and IPAs in particular, Bend is it.

I am going to guess that you might possibly maybe be new to Bend. I think everybody there refers to it as central Oregon. You have to drive 100 or 200 miles to the right in order to reach eastern Oregon.
Phil Jones
Somewhere in Oregon

maybe try the loft above zydeco.
or bend wine storage.
or talk to the staff at 900 wall.

Talk to the woman who runs the Good Drop Wine Shoppe in downtown Bend. She has a tasting every Friday - usually some good stuff (she was tasting champagne including Krug last Friday).

Thanks everyone! I am new to Bend, as I moved from Telluride to here so I am all turned around. I stopped by RHC and Good Drop Wine Shoppe and had very positive experiences.

I was in Bend last spring and stopped at Good Drop and was very surpised at the wines she had. Well curated for such a small shop, lots of old world wines that were of interest. I had brought my own wines with me, but if I hadn’t, there were things I would have tried. Not sure how competitive they are, but nothing shocked me at first glance. Either they sell mostly to tourists, or there are some serious winos in Bend in addition to the beer scene.

She took me down to the cellar where I picked up a nice bottle of Bionic Frog.

Might as well help him out with this one too!

It’s pronounced Ore-A-GUN, not Ore-A-GONE unless you’re from California. neener

Eat at Tratorria Sbandati.

I’ve heard it pronounced simply as “OR-gun” before. At least other states are pronounced like they are spelled! neener

probably should be a small “a”, not a big “A” and it’s 2 1/2 syllables. [cheers.gif]

Al Pacino does a nice job of butchering the pronunciation in Scent of a Woman (great movie). “ARE-uh-gone!”

Kansas. Arkansas. Both cannot be correct.

If you are a carnivore, go to Primal Cuts and order a Porkstrami sandwich. Trust me.