Sophienwald "The Perfect Glass" - SW

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Kelly Walker

Sophienwald "The Perfect Glass" - SW

#1 Post by Kelly Walker » December 5th, 2018, 1:25 pm

After having experienced these glasses recently on a visit to Bern's Steakhouse, I thought I would give them a go for the house. I ordered 6 "Essential" (universal glass) and 6 "The White" (as the name implies) on-line. Like Zalto, not cheap ($50/stem) but these glasses are impressive. Different feel than Zalto although at first glance they look very similar. But in comparing the universal glasses the SW has a lower profile and slightly wider bowl base. The balance is perfect in the hand. The white glass is equally beautiful and balanced.

Customer service was top-notch with updates all along the way, these being shipped directly from Austria via NY. Two big bonuses:
1. I used the coupon code "Berns" when I ordered and got free shipping.
2. To my surprise, there was an extra box and a hand written note thanking me for my order and that because they are having a holiday bundle - buy any 6-pack get 2 universal glasses free they gave me 4 free universals...sweet! That brought my per glass cost down to $37.50

I look forward to trying these side-by-side with my Zaltos to see which I prefer.
White wines matter

Return to “Wine Talk”