Napa Winery with Covered Patio?

Hey guys,

Going to be visiting Napa during a rainy weekend coming up. Anyone know of some wineries with a good covered patio to sip libations with friends, casually? Looking for someplace that will allow us to linger for a little bit on the patio as we chat and enjoy [that winery’s] wines without a time-pressured, formal tasting. We’re happy to pay for wines or reserve space, etc. The wines don’t even necessarily need to be the best (but bonus if they’re palatable!) Can be anywhere between Napa and Calistoga.

Thanks!

We were in Napa last January and loved Tamber Bey. It’s situated right outside of Calistoga. It used to be an old horse farm, they built a winery on the property, but kept the horse farm, so it’s pretty unique to Napa. The people at the winery were laid back and the tasting we did was fun and no-stress. They do have covered areas outside. And I thought the wines were really good. Worth for you to check it out…

Here is a link, you can see the property and review the wines: http://www.tamberbey.com

Mumm Napa fits your description, though obviously they serve sparkling wine, not still wine. And you will have to buy whatever glass/flights you want. The also have some bites of food, I believe. It’s a very pleasant, larger patio area with lots of seating, and a nice view. Another bonus is their photography exhibit, which is always fantastic, and worth walking through even if you have no interest in the wines (and you can do that, just walk on back to the photography barn, skip the tasting area).

Frogs leap is pretty liberal and has a beautiful balcony. Plus they dry farm which is always nice to support

In addition to Alan’s suggestion I’d try Domain Carneros as well, if you are into bubblies, not that far from Mumm.

Some wineries consider patio umbrella a “covered patio”. I think Venge Vineyards should work for you, they have a small covered patio, but call to see what the deal is and how busy they get, no sense driving up and then waiting for a table to free up. Great wines, too boot. IMO.

If there is no rain or a very light drizzle that day, I’d also call both Sterling Vineyards and Stag’s Leap, they do have patio umbrellas and may have gas heaters as well. Both make great wines, hopefully one of them works for you as well.

Robert Biale has a wrap around covered patio with heaters, appointment required.

I was going to mention Biale as well.

Depends on what you consider not far…it is a good 20 miles over to Carneros and will be easily a 40 minute jaunt with usual weekend traffic. They have opened a new exterior sun room which is nice.

Duckhorn has an indoor room with large picture windows and covered deck area that looks out onto the gardens. Similar setup at Alpha Omega and I believe that the patio at the back of the Corison tasting room is also sheltered.

Round Pond
https://roundpondtest.wpengine.com/experiences/#culinary_experiences

Olive Oils
10:00 am Wednesday – Saturday

“Il Pranzo” Lunch
11:30 am Wednesday – Saturday

Garden-to-Table Brunch
Sundays at 10:00 am

They’re also having their holiday release party, on Saturday, December 8th:

https://www.roundpond.com/event/holiday-release-party-december-8-2018/

Definitely Larkmead

The drive won’t be that long to get to Domaine Carneros (even on a weekend) - it is really quiet in the valley right now. The Trail is empty and even 29 is an easy ride as long as you avoid closing time for the wineries. Our winery is next to Corison -took us 15 minutes to drive to downtown Napa this week.

Beat me to it!

While I know this isn’t a winery, you may want to consider V Wine Cellars in Yountville.

If you’re not familiar, its right in the main area of town, inside V Marketplace. They are able to set up custom tastings for you and your guests. If you prefer to pass on that, I am sure with the purchase of a couple bottles that they can arrange an area for you to relax in. They even have a small outside area that I believe is partially covered. Two added bonuses for me- being able to taste multiple producers in one setting if you desire, and the ability to walk around the store and check out the goods (best selection for wine, especially Napa Cabs, that I have ever seen). The market also has dozens of shops to explore, and Bottega is down the hall for some tasty treats.

Might not be what you are looking for at all, but figured I would throw it out there. If yes, give Carlos and Crew a call and they can dial it in for you…