CH Lot 669 2014 SRH Chardonnay Sandhi? (Confirmed)

The description on this wine sure sounds like Sandhi. At $15.30 on case purchases, it’s a steal if it is…

Lot 699 is sourced from some of the best vineyards in the AVA, and comes to us from the cellars of one of the more famous names in the California wine and restaurant industry (you’ll know whose wine it is when you pull the cork).

Made in a beautiful Burgundian style, this is a Chard that will blow you away with how much flavor and complexity it delivers. Cellared three years in the bottle, this wine is absolutely singing right now, and yours for less than half the original price!

I’d be surprised but not necessarily floored. Perhaps it’s Sanford? Would make more sense . . . Or Foley? Just thinking of others in the area that are widely carried in restaurants . . .

Cheers.

Indeed it is Sandhi per the COLA registry: TTB Online - COLAs Online - Application Detail

Great thanks for the heads up.

hey! thats cheatin!

Not cheating. Officially in the future.

That’s a pretty crazy deal indeed - and I certainly stand corrected. Wondering if this was stuff that was owned by Terroir before selling to Sandhi that they are just trying to cash in on? This is ‘different’ than the Sandhi 2014 Sta Rita Hills Chardonnay, which is showing 13% alcohol vs. 12% for this (though they could put either on the label and still be ‘legal’).

Definitely worth a flyer . . .

Btw - heard your spot on Sirius/XM around Thanksgiving Cameron - sounded good buddy!

Cameron,

I always thought it was ‘illegal’ to offer ‘free shipping’ on wine - that is what I was always told. Must not be true, right?

Cheers.

hey, thanks Rich!

used to offer “free shipping” but now we offer 1cent shipping just to steer clear…I do think its technically verboten but suspect the bureaucrats know it won’t pass legal muster.

I believe the free shipping thing is someone’s cautionary interpretation…and so far not more than that. It’s illegal (for a TTB/ABC licensed entity) to give alcohol away for free. The worry is using free in ‘free shipping’ would invoke that law/regulation. But tasting rooms give free tastes, and no one’s charging 1 cent for that.

Any way to get the case pricing of $15.30 mentioned above for someone new to your site?

My understanding is that if you are a retailer in CA you can’t give free samples/alcohol. If you are a producer or wholesale representative then it is OK. Can’t speak to the shipping issue but I have bought wine that was both shipped free (or included) and 1 cent shipping.

Can you send the original offer for $15.30? Can’t get it to kick in on the site at all.

The 15% off (or $15.30) for a 12 bottle purchase was good through this past Wednesday night. Kicking myself, as I missed it too.

Oh well, 2 cases of other assorted CH wines arrived today, from my black Friday purchase.

Hi Dan - shoot an email to info@chwine.com and tell them your off the Berserker board looking for the $15.30 case price…they know your sending this and will help get the order processed as I am out of the office.

Cameron

Use the Code drinkup15 for NEW customers.

I just ordered some of this. I have zero chard in my cellar.

Hype over the original producer aside, anyone actually taste this?

Not yet.