TN: 2014 Mayacamas Vineyards Chardonnay

I thought Buzz posted on this…but I couldn’t find it after searching Mayacamas…

• 2014 Mayacamas Vineyards Chardonnay - USA, California, Napa Valley, Mt. Veeder (12/1/2018)
    There’s a lovely depth of vanilla, white floral notes, poached pear, and yellow apple that lingers in the nostrils after the 2nd or 3rd sniff. The palate is a mix of green apple and lemon with a hint of chalk and lime hanging around for those that are patient before taking the next sip. A lovely wine…that seems like it’s still got years ahead of it. However, I think I’m going to have a hard time keeping my hands off the last bottle. Outstanding!!

Posted from CellarTracker

Here I am…TN: 2014 Mayacamas Vineyards Chardonnay 125th Anniversary(USA, California, Napa Valley, Mt. Veeder) - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Super wine…and yes, hard to keep hands off as I’ve almost dusted my six pack. Try to keep a bottle of two past the 10yr mark, as these age very well! [cheers.gif]

FWIW I tasted the '01 Chardonnay when visiting Mayacamas recently and it was showing very well. So it seems these age pretty well. Hard for me to get interested in Chablis when you can buy these for $40-45.