A new favorite Rosé Champagne, and a refute of the validity of travel shock.

• NV Ployez-Jacquemart Champagne Extra Brut Rosé - France, Champagne (11/30/2018)
    My first bottle from this producer. Wow, this punches above its weight! It is bold and fragrant, all red berries and flowers. Fruity but dry on the palate; the sensation is one of incredible freshness. A new favorite Rosé at a very good tariff.
    This bottle also makes me a “travel shock” doubter. It was shipped to me from East to West coast two weeks ago, then flew in the bottom of a jet to Hawaii today, and opened two hours after landing. (92 pts.)

nice small house that makes super wines. I just posted on the excellent 08 BdB. Drank that rosé you mentioned last week from magnum and heartily agree.

Thanks for the recommendation. I also maybe need to re-think my reluctance to ship or travel with sparkling wine.

Yeah that’s one of the better nv roses. Paul bars is probably my fav.

Not to be overly pedantic, but there is a world of difference between bottle shock and travel shock, and your bottle only relates to the possible existence of the latter. There seems to be much more consensus and a scientific basis for bottle shock, that is, that wines need time after bottling to show their best.

Mike,

Maybe pedantic, but true (unless of course these were just bottled)! Fixed the OP, thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers,
Warren

Thanks for the note. I have one of these on deck for later this next week.