TN: 2015 M. Chapoutier St. Joseph Blanc Les Granits

This was such a ridiculous value for the complexity. It was tasted over 3 days and it continued to change throughout the process of tasting the wine each day…these are a screaming value if you like full bodied, high acid whites.

• 2015 M. Chapoutier St. Joseph Blanc Les Granits - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, St. Joseph (11/22/2018)
    This has been open for close to 6+ hours now. Served in a Riedel OR Pinot glass. The nose of this is wild…rich and robust I find myself thinking about a female bodybuilder in a silk dress. There’s a hint of juicy fruit bubblegum that’s both intoxicating and so rich I keep wanting to dive back in. This will only get better with time, but if you want something rich, robust, yet also with enough tension and acidity to enjoy with or without food. I really wish I had some lobster bisque or Coqes St. Jacques. Possibly the best I’ve had from this estate and region. For the price one of the best full bodied white wines I’ve had this year. Outstanding!!!

Posted from CellarTracker

Kirk, your title is 2015 and the bottle shown is 2014

That’s the stock photo in cellar tracker…I promise. I bought 13 & 15 but somehow missed the 14’s

Thanks, I have a sneaky love for NR 14 Blanc, but after your note on 15 I might hunt this down
Cheers

I have been buying this on pre-order since I tasted the 2012. This is worth every penny if you can find it under $100. I paid less than $50 for it by pre-ordering and that to me puts this in a whole other category based on the quality of the wine. It is a medium-full bodied white wine…this is not bashful or shy in any way. It went really well with the creamy cheeses and I could see this working well with intensely flavored foods. Last week I had a smoked monkfish w/ dulse oat crumble, sunchokes, & kale juice that I would have LOVED to have this with that dish.

I really enjoy this wine as well. Where do you find these on pre-oder at that price?

JJB usually sends out a pre-order. I think they’re on 2017’s now. So I pay well in advance, probably before they have to…but at that price it’s worth every penny.

Had a 2007 from magnum around 3 weeks ago. Drinking very well and years to improve still.

Alain

I have only had the '11 vintage but have really enjoyed it. I’ve tried to hold on to some to see hoe they do with some age but it is just so delicious. Haven’t seen any JBB offers on the Blanc lately.

Just ordered 2 mags of the 2016. No clue when we’d pop that size…these were the only sizes available.

I find if the wine is brilliant enough…a magnum works with as few as 4 and as many as 12 depending on the people.