Rasa

I see Rasa is having a 10% sale with free shipping. I am not familiar with them so does anyone have opinions either way?

I love Rasa and recommend going them a try. I was out in Washington early this year and tasted with Billo (one of the brothers who own Rasa) with my group. He met with us on almost no notice and was a great host. The wines are great and so is the story. Billo dropped out of the tech world and did UC Davis while his brother did the business plan, etc. Billo’s passion for this is obvious, and the wines are stellar. For the most part, they are either Rhone varietals and blends or Bordeaux varietals and blends, sourced from Washington with a little from Oregon. Generally a bigger style, but with plenty of brightness and acidity to hold up to the weight of the wines. They aren’t cheap, but IMHO well worth the price. A lot of the labels and wine names are plays off of math or science or literature/music, so that’s interesting also. I believe they do about 2,500 to 4,000 cases. Highly recommend for great wines and great people.

Everything I’ve tasted has been great.
If it’s within your budget, I’d say give them a try. I don’t buy them because they are outside of my monetary comfort zone, but I think many would consider them among the best in Washington.

It’s decent juice, but the $95/bottle price is just too much for me based on what is in the bottle IMO.

+1

I buy a few starting with the QED several years ago @$50 mark. I have been fortunate with their inventory reduction sales which correspond with my cool year vintage preference. They also are the wine makers for the WA CT custom crush wines which are affordable in the $40 range. Also they are the wine makers for Delmas which are less affordable, but along with Cayuse, you need to not be reasonable all the time. Rasa are on the full bodied spectrum which is why I buy cool vintages. My wine drinking friends and family love them while I am savoring my OR PN.

The wines are on the bigger side but I’ve really enjoyed the lovely texture. Pretty unique. Too expensive for me, however.