TNs: Some fun ones in Montreal-04 Allemand+10 Roulot Luchets

I spent the last few days at the somm360 conference in Montreal and while I’m working on those notes, here are some of the restaurant buys around the town:

• 2010 Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Luchets - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (11/26/2018)
    Nose: The nose is slightly reduced at first, but underneath lies pure meursault beauty of lemon curds, custard, match stick, navel oranges, red apples, yellow fruits, yellow florals, and a touch of brioche and spiced pears. There is excellent depth with a brawny sense to it.

Taste: Full bodied with high acidity. The acidity is crisp and provides an excellent spine whilst the feel is deep with a robustness backed up with a touch of elegance. The feel also is starting to show off some maturity with red apples, custard, spiced pears, lemon curds, brioche, and some match stick notes.

Overall: This is just rearing to go immediately on pop and pour. It may actually slightly benefit from a decant, but that wasn’t in the cards here. This is drinking gorgeously right now and it feels like it still has a good way to go. (94 pts.)

• 2004 Thierry Allemand Cornas Chaillot - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas (11/24/2018)
    Nose: The nose is deep, savory, perfumed, and somehow light on its feet. There is so much depth and class just oozing from the get go with black cherries, crushed rocks, black raspberries, leather, violets, earth, and a hint of pipe tobacco.

Taste: Full bodied with medium+ acidity and medium+ tannins. The acidity and tannins are well integrated and in harmony. While the feel is full bodied, it is refined and almost delicate with black cherries, black raspberries, herbs, violets, crushed rocks, pipe tobacco, and a hint of earth.

Overall: Where this was fussy and wouldn’t open up 5+ years ago for me, it’s singing Carmen now. Is it at its peak? That’s hard for me to say. But, it is immensely pleasurable and a magnificent reminder of why I adore Thierry Allemand so much. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

nice notes and nice wines

Glad to see such good performances. Lots of #, impressive commitment to the #.

Très magnifique!

[snort.gif]

I have friends who are much much worse on the # [wow.gif]

Thanks for the excellent notes, particularly Roulot. Don’t see many of those.

#Indeed, #that #was #light #on #the #hashtags.

#you #can #go #fuck #yourself

Well then…umm… #sarcasm

Glad the 04 Chaillot showed well. We had it at an offline a week or so ago, and I thought it wasn’t in a very pleasant place and could really have used more time (or a considerably longer decant).

Yea, I know a guy who speaks in hashtag… #superannoying