TN: 2015 Trimbach Reserve Pinot Gris

Right from the fridge, beautiful glass jewel yellow, striking meniscus flash and sub-layered light reflection, muted nose of subtle flowers and herbs, fruity illusion of a slight sweetness, refreshing, spicy, gripping finish tinged with minerals and herbs. All sensations more prominent as the wine becomes less cold. This is a pleasing wine, not a wine to ponder, but to sip and enjoy in the background, maybe while doing something else. A simple pleasure that is enough.

Jim, I had the ‘14 over Thanksgiving (notes below) and it was a wonderful pairing with the turkey. I’ve not seen the ‘15 out around me, but I’ll start looking based on your note.

2014 Trimbach Pinot Gris Reserve:
Classic Alsatian PG nose with honeyed peach, honeysuckle and a touch of petrol & herbs. A lot of mineral driven notes on the palate but not quite gravely. More limestone than anything. Apple tart and acidic finish.

Thanks.

Always a fine value in Alsatian PG, which is a distinctive wine from an often abused (see so much of Pinot Grigio production) grape.

Agree–we had the 15 as one of our Thanksgiving wines. Anne was in town a few weeks before and signed our bottle. My family generally has trouble with anything that is remotely off dry, but this went beautifully with the varied thanksgiving fare.