Does this sound like 100 points?

This review on CT cracked me up:

2000 Dom Perignon Champagne (France, Champagne)
Tasted by xxx.xxx on 11/27/2018 & rated 100 points: Over the Hill. Few bubbles left. But fine delicate mix of almonds, straw, appels

[scratch.gif]

Someone’s doing their homework :wink:

Sounds like a solid 93 pointer

Their math is as good as their spelling.

maybe they confused points and cost at release?

200-point scale?

There are those who want to tell you how bad you/or something is but are afraid they will offend you/it so score it high. Smells like two month old gym socks. Tastes like a sewer smells. I give it a 100 points.

Looking forward to tasting some champagne with you. champagne.gif

…and uses their email address as their alias. Good odds of “password” being their universal password.

On another note, the 2000 Dom P2 tasted today was in great shape. Very young and lively, great biscuit nose, and long finish. One of the better bottles of Dom I have had, in line with the 96 Dom P1.

Mmmm. Appels.

This does seem like an ESL situation. Taken literally, over-the-hill could mean “a little bit past its peak”. Losing its fizz. Still in good shape. Here’s 3 positive descriptors, but my Nordic terseness doesn’t allow me to elaborate further. 100 points because my personal feeling is quite good is good enough, and we should be fine with that and not be so judgmental.

That’s the only note from the person. Posted today.

Robert Alfert, is that you?

But really, who would ever give 2000 Dom 100 points anyway? It’s a nice champagne, but not close to a world beater.

100 is the new 92.

Sounds like a 90 point wine me, which equals 100pts in today’s world.

Just asked him (through comments) if he meant to give the 100. Maybe it was a mistake.

The only 18-year-old Dom that’s over the hill is a flawed bottle, IMHO.

I sure hope so. I bought a couple 2009’s for a significant anniversary in 2026.

That’s a Suckling 100; basically worthless.