Vice Versa La Petit Vice

Anyone familiar with these wines

How are they for $75, must buy, buy or pass ?

Thanks

Alan

Not familiar per se, but heard great things about the label and this wine (good QPR), so in for 3 bottles. Hoping to taste with them during my trip up to Napa in a few weeks.

I had this wine back in April during a visit to VV. While its a very nice wine (and decent QPR by Napa standards), I was blown away by their other offerings. Their regular Napa bottling was drinking beautifully at such a young age, but their Dr Crane and Las Piedras are on par with some of the finest the Valley is making these days. They nailed the 2016 vintage for sure.

Damnit needed someone to say it wasn’t good… credit card needs no more damage.

I agree, they hit a home run in 16’. Wished I had bought more of their SVs.

Tasted there 2 weeks ago on a trip. 16 Napa and Las Piedras were delicious, 17 barrel samples for Dr. Crane and To Kalon could be pretty amazing QPR.

Same here … but in for 3!

Are they dropping prices for 17?

Not based on the pricing I saw (225 a bottle for they designated), but still some time before the actual release.

Just impressed you said a $225 wine would be an amazing QPR. They must be incredible?

VV regular napa botlle is outstanding, never had the La Petit.

I had a 2016 VV Napa a week or ago and it was outstanding. I’m gonna pop a LPV or Crane over the next couple weeks because I have little restraint when it comes to these things :frowning:

Hard to pay $225 for Crane or LPV when its $125 elsewhere

Where are you finding VV LPV for a buck twenty five?

I have not had the 2016 vintage of petit vice, but bought a 3-pack of the 2015 (which is what we tasted back in April 2018). It’s an early drinker to be sure, with plush, ripe red and purple fruit. Not a cerebral wine, but folks that like Napa red will be very happy with this.

All that said, not a “great” price when compared to Myriad and Quivet NV, Pott NV, Teeter Totter, etc. So would not label as a must-buy.

it was pretty obvious he meant LPV and not VV LPV.

Forgive my naivety, when were talking about $125 LPV, are we talking about Quivet? Or…?

quivet is one of them but pretty sure there’s more, at least on the secondary market.

OBVIOUSLY… How on earth did I miss that?

i was thinking the same thing! champagne.gif