FINAL TALLY Week 2 - Virtual Tasting for Charity - Back to its roots: California Zinfandel for Jason Hagen 11/28 - 12/4

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

Re: FINAL TALLY Week 2 - Virtual Tasting for Charity - Back to its roots: California Zinfandel for Jason Hagen 11/28 - 1

#101 Post by Todd F r e n c h » December 5th, 2018, 8:43 am

Fantastic job, Brian (and berserkers)!!!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Jason Hagen

Re: Week 2 - Virtual Tasting for Charity - Back to its roots: California Zinfandel for Jason Hagen 11/28 - 12/4

#102 Post by Jason Hagen » December 12th, 2018, 1:40 am

A very heart filled thank you to everyone.

Brian, I hope I can buy you some tacos soon. This really meant a lot.
H Bongiovi wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 6:34 pm
2012 Carlisle "DuPratt" Mendocino Ridge Zinfandel : purple floral nose leads to boysenberry and dark red raspberry nectar; everything in check: flashing opulent fruit with wonderful spine of acidity; really fabulous now, but in no danger of dropping off any time soon; sorry I didn't purchase more when I had the chance
we are all pulling for you and sending you positive thoughts Jason
Nice. My friend Tom used to own that vineyard. Kind of brought it back to life. I think at that time Jed Steele was the main buyer. There was also a small amount chardonnay as well. Later Tom would plant the Alandro de los Prados vineyard in Santa Ynez. Some of the best zins I have had were over wonderful meals overlooking DuPratt Vineyard.

Peace,

Jason

Return to “Wine Talk”