TN: 2002 Flowers Pinot Noir Keefer Ranch

• 2002 Flowers Pinot Noir Keefer Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Green Valley of Russian River Valley (11/26/2018)
    Bricksh burgundy red, nose of dried cherries, mushrooms and sage. Creamy texture, strawberry rhubarb pie, nice dose of acid, chewy tannins, long tart finish. Winner!

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note. I don’t have any of this, but it is always nice to see Cali Pinot holding up well over the years. IIRC, Flowers is usually in the 13.x% abv…do you know what this one was at?

Always a fan of Keefer fruit, particular Ed Kurtzman’s work with it. Didn’t know Flowers did one!

The bottle read 14%. It showed in the texture but no heat whatsoever.

Bottle Barn purchased the cellar of one of the Keefers in an estate sale and is selling it off in store. Selection varies daily by year and producer. I’ve seen Flowers, Siduri, Failla, Sandler, Keefer Ranch and others in Pinot and Chardonnay for as far back as 2000 vintage. Not all the wines are from Keefer fruit as there has been lots of David Coffaro, Loring, August West and others with Central Coast AVAs on the labels but those wines have been high 14s in abv and all have been DOA so far. I’ve been sticking with Sonoma County sources since.