TN: 2006 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Willow Creek Vineyard

• 2006 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Willow Creek Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (11/26/2018)
    This is the replacement bottle(mag) from RM received 5 years ago from a flawed leaker. This bottle(after 5 yrs) had the same signs of leakage from the cork, streaks of wine to the top, and a little bubble of wine protruding from the waxed top. But THIS time…the wine inside is in FINE shape! Wonderful bright red berry fruits…refreshing sour cherry tarts, cranberry acidity livens the palate, intermingled with pretty dried floral and Xmas spices…slight sous bois, red licorice, smoked herbs, dried chocolate covered bing cherry. Silky smooth and inviting…with that zing of brightness adding a refreshing pleasure. Great bottle caught at a great time! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Buzz, I look forward to your excellent notes and pictures. Much appreciated. Thank you.

I honestly didn’t think these would get to the spot you describe. I need to age some.

Tough to age them when they drink so well early! Just pulled a 2016 Summa to drink near term [cheers.gif].
Will try to age the Summa OV.

I age some OV, but all the others get crushed within 6 months of arrival.