Wines that requires 24 hours+ of air exposure before drinking

I drank 2 yesterday:
2008 LDH Gravonia Blanco Crianza (24 hours in fridge)
Shows much more balance and intriguing acidity. A REAL bargain in white wine
2015 Koehler Ruprecht Kallstadter Saumagen Spätlese Trocken (72 hours in fridge) This is off course 15 years too young to open, but the air is helping to dispose of the clumsiness and reveal the potential of this wine. Another bargain. Dominik Sona has been doing a great job at the estate. It is always difficult to take over after a legend like Philippi.

I opened the 2015 Dr. Bürklin-Wolf Ruppertsberger Gaisböhl Riesling on Thanksgiving day and it took all of 24+ hours to come around and was even better on day 3 than 2, not what I expected.

I opened a 2016 Von Winning Kirchenstuk GG three days ago. First day it was as closed and un-giving as a wine could be. By late last night is was really singing and probably still improving this morning.

… and never drink it cold.

+1. For my preferences, this is at its best above cellar temp. An annual purchase for me.

Young Sauternes. Sometimes best on day 3 or 4 or 5. Kept in the fridge.

I’ll second that.

How young is young?

Until it starts to deepen in color, and then a few years longer.

For me at minimum 10 years from the date of vintage, 15 for Yquem. Often longer, and the color change is a good indicator.

A recent molettieri taurasi reserve 2004 wasn’t very pleasing on day one but much improved and enjoyable on day two. Hopefully another 5 years will fix things.