TN: 2015 Jean Grivot Vosne Romanee

From 375

Took awhile to open up, amazing aromatics with earthy notes with hints of luxardo cherries. More forest floor and funk on the palate, very good acidity, extremely long finish. Clearly, a very high quality wine.

I tasted it early this year. Stunning village wine.

Nice. I picked up a few of these up recently.
Thanks for the check-in, Michael!

These wines didn’t wow me in the past. 2014 and 2015 are super wines. They have gotten my attention, for sure! Thanks for the note, and reminder to keep seeking for these wines.

Michael, Nice note. Grivot village is a great wine. I’m surprised 2015 is showing well. From the few I have tired, it looked like, they are starting to shut down.

I have really enjoyed the 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015 versions of these. The 2010 is more advanced than I thought it would be at this point, but it is smoking good right now. I will probably drink those in the next 2-3 years.

I had a 2012 the other night that had miles to go, but such good material there. I was surprised to see European Wine Resource closing some bottles out at $35.

I got mine from plum market in Chicago in half for $49, figured it was worth grabbing one.

Started noticing quite a few 2010’s were more advanced than expected. More and more I’m seeing that others are having the same experience.

I had the 2013 at a restaurant pnp recently and loved it!

My wife saved half a glass for this morning and with 12 hours of air time in a glass at room temp it had continued to evolve and improve. I think this would be a lot better in 5-10 even from half bottle.

I had the 09 last night, no decanting. Thought it was mediocre (shut?) and possibly a little advanced.