Ramonet | Raveneau | PYCM

• 2007 François Raveneau Chablis 1er Cru Butteaux - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru
    Elegant nose of ripe citrus. On the palate ripe pear, honey and underlying acidity, fine, delicate spicy on the finish. (92 pts.)

• 2007 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru
    Fine aromatic and complex nose. On the palate intense citrus, nutty, honeyed and refined with immense drive and mineral tension. (94 pts.)

• 2014 François Raveneau Chablis Grand Cru Valmur - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru
    Lifted nose of lime and pear, on the palate very elegant and fresh, with stony citrus, great precision and intensity on the long mineral finish. Ageworthy and Stunning! (94 pts.)

• 2014 Jean-Claude Ramonet Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru
    Rich, honeyed nose of ripe apple and pear. Very rich and forward on the palate, with powerful, immense concentration, nutty, spicy, complex and explosive on the finish. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

great brace of wines—any tooth enamel left? My fave
producers.

Yes saved by the mouth filling Ramonet - different style!

Great bracket.

Love that refinement in the PYCM MP!

I think the riper style of the Butteaux put it at a disadvantage. The montee de tonnerre may have faired better.

A tough flight for any wine red or white.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes the PYCM MP was the most refined of this flight the Butteaux a bit more rich in style! Think 07 White is drinking very well now?

Unbelievable flight of whites. For those who’ve replied, what is your dream food pairing for this flight?

Lobster risotto. Always delivers. . .

Was thinking lobster or a scallop dish…

Dream dish with those wines? I would eat one of my own kidneys to drink those wines regularly :wink:!! But lobster is probably the better match, though I reckon seared tiger prawns would be even better.

We had leftover Dungeness crab and leftover mac & cheese so yesterday I made crab mac & cheese for lunch. If only we had leftover Raveneau!

your note on the Ramonet is a little worrying. Did it seem advanced ?

Fantastic set of wines! I used to write very detailed notes on wines with lots of flavor descriptors. I have since decided brief high level but meaningful notes regarding nose, palate, texture and finish are more useful ways of describing wines, such as yours. Very much appreciated.

Thanks for the notes. On the 2014 Ramonet Bienvenue- that last vintage that got me as excited as this one was 2001. Great potential there- here is hoping the premox reduction that appears to be the case there is true and holding!

Forward and enjoyable already, time will tell if this has the potential longevity!

That’s worrisome. Thanks for the notes though. Amazing wines.