My breezaire is making ice! Help...

My Breezaire has been working faithfully for 20 years to cool a small temp controlled room with highly prized wines. (about 800 btls). Noticed this week ice is forming at the bottom, functioning fan is cooling the air but I am concerned that water is not draining out the condenser tube. Is there a possibility of a blockage of the drain tube? Or this a more onimous sign of my faithful friend dying? Any HVAC advice welcomed.

At 20 years I would give some serious thought to replacement. Especially given the fact that the refrigerant it uses is obsolete.

It’s probably done for. Have you tried cleaning/vacuuming the coils?
Depending on where you live, better for it to go out now as opposed to the summer.

Ice forming is often a sign of low refrigerant. After 20 years I would opt for replacement.

I would first check for blockage in the venting and inlet (filter) restricting airflow across the cooling coils.

Thx to all for the suggestions! I think it may be time for a new unit…DB

Most likely a coolant leak, which is common in that unit design. Unless there is a bunch of built up dirt blocking airflow.
I’ve had multiple units with the same issue. A smart HVAC pro who knows commercial coolant systems can find and patch the leak and add coolant.

If you decide to get a new unit, I’ve been impressed with CellarPro systems. Seem much higher quality and often match the dimensions of the older units.

I suspect low coolant is the culprit. This has happened to me as well.

flirtysmile CellarPro and can’t speak high enough praise. I would stop collecting if I had to buy another Breezaire unit.