TN: 2005 Prince Florent de Merode Corton-Renardes

• 2005 Prince Florent de Merode Corton-Renardes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton Grand Cru (11/23/2018)
    Fairly tight and demure at first. Breathes up nicely and has a core of fleshy dark fruits. There’s a mineral edginess and plenty of flora. It is deep and powerful with good volume and outstanding length. Needs plenty of time.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note. What would you estimate the peak drinking window is? I have some of these cellared.

Jeremy
Have you tried the 05 Maréchaudes?

Yes…these '05 Merode are nowhere close to ready…their clos du roi is in the same spot.

I had some 02’s in 2016 and they seemed like they need another decade plus. I’d imagine these 2005’s will need even more time. I’m waiting till the 05’s are at least 25+ years.

Hi Luke, I reckon its two decades away from anywhere near peak drinking.

I haven’t had the '05 Maréchaudes Scott.

Thanks for the note!

Thought in 2008, DRC entered into a lease with Domaine Prince Florent de Mérode, allowing it to produce a Corton from the Bressandes, Renardes and Clos du Roi climats?

Correct.

Had the '02 Clos du Roi and Bressandes on the weekend (side by side), they were both very good, quite similar really also and quite open for business, as are the '06’s.

I will leave my '05’s for a while yet though I think.

Yeah,

I thought I had some '09 Prince Florent de Mérode’s, (but it was Senard I have) - looks like the last vintage I bought was '07.

The first DRC Corton vintage was '09, so last Prince Florent de Mérode vintage would have been the '08…