TN: Vouette et Sorbee Textures

I picked this up from Envoyer recently. Have not seen the bottling before, although the wine does appear in Peter Liem’s profile of V et S inside of his book. It’s a cool take on what is often overlooked in lieu of the big 3 of the region (PN, Chard and PM). Terrific bottle.

• 2014 Vouette et Sorbée Champagne Textures - France, Champagne (11/22/2018)
    Firs time with this V et S bottling. 100% Pinot Blanc, zero dosage, disgorged 01-02-17 with base of 2014 and farmed biodynamic. Bottle 701. This is good. Mix of light lemon, a touch of pineapple, pear and chalk, finishing with a deep cut of refresing minerality. Between the moderate acidity and structure that wraps the fruit elements, this is very good and worth seeking a few more to age into the short-term. I’m liking V et S more and more and beginning to build some inventory of their wines now.

Posted from CellarTracker

i tasted this next to the fidele and argile, all new release and it was by far my favorite. and i was disappointed quite a bit by cedric bouchard’s pinot blanc champagne. a super bottle of wine, with great aromatics, weight and a lot of freshness on the end.