Best places to buy wine in D.C.?

Specifically near Catholic University. Thank you!

On that side of town probably Schneiders of Capitol Hill. Then going west, Calvert Woodley and finally Bassins on MacArther Blvd, west of Georgetown.

Those mentioned above…

At least most are on the red line! We also have two smaller but great shops at Cleveland Park metro, Weygandt Wines and Cleveland Park Wine and Spirits.

I’ll be travelling there soon, and will likely be tasked with procuring wines; your posts will be most helpful. Thank you, both. [cheers.gif].

If you’re just looking for wines to drink while you’re in town, Cordial in Union Market has a nice selection.

Thanks, Alicia. That is, in fact, exactly what my situation will be.

If you’re at Union Market (very much worth the visit) this tiny little Italian market/deli/wine shop is worth a few minutes of your time.

They’re not overly geeky, but I’ve found sound nice bottles there. Should be about a 10 minute uber/lyft ride from Catholic. Besides, always fun to stroll around Union Market and pick up necessary provisions! Enjoy!

Oh, and right! Neal’s suggestion is great if you’re looking for Italian vino!

Great dosa place in the market too. A knife shop to make you drool. Lots of little spots for a bite. And DC’s best bagels by far are about a mile away.

More than you were asking for LOL

Zachys is also an option

I haven’t made it out there; do they actually have a retail showroom?

Not really but they have “open houses” fairly often. Prices are not the lowest but occasionally some bargains so worth getting on the email list. It’s near Costco as well (only one in the tristate area that sells booze). They will bring the wine out to your car with notice.

I too recommend Schneiders, as well as Litteri’s (1 block south of Union Market). If you get a little further afield, I would recommend Gran Cata wine shop on 7th St NW. They have some really unusual finds from South America. Weygandt’s is awesome, but not really close. I’m relatively close to catholic, and if you are interested in a nice little french place, I’d recommend Primrose (they allow corkage) and there is a small strip of bars/restaurants there that can be fun along 12th NE. Another neat restaurant is Spark at Engine Co, a Caribbean place on North Capitol.

Have fun!

Very close to catholic u., try wardman wines.

And check out primrose for dinner or a glass of wine. www.primrosedc.com.

Thank you, everybody! Looks like a couple of these places might even be open tmrw! :slight_smile:

Schneider’s has a lot of their older wines in their warehouse but they are listed online. If you buy online, you can pick it up the next day. I usually stop there on my way to the DC tastings.

The annual Schneider’s warehouse sale/open house is coming up. Anyone ever been to this?

https://cellar.com/events.aspx