Laurent Black Label Significance?

What does the black label mean? I brought the NSG Vaucrains 93 yesterday which had the black label. Magnificent wine just peaking right now. My friend brought a 95 Laurent NSG Les St. George VV which was equally rocking-a little more earthy. So what does the black label mean? As far as I know, the only Laurent black labels are the NSG Vaucrains and a Beaune 1er I think. It does not signify VV I know as I have lots of VV white label Laurents.

Early 90’s Laurent? I’d guess the black label was a warning of death from 200% oak.

/s

I’d guess the black label was a warning of death from 200% oak.

Actually I didn’t even notice the oak. Both were very nice wines.

The oak treatment at the time was pretty scary, but the ones that I have had from the 90’s of late have showed very nicely.

I have no idea - and I don´t know if there is any purpose behind the black label, but I have/had also Vosne-Romanées and a Gevrey (Clos St.Jacques ?) with BL … so certainly not limited to NSG/Beaune.
Maybe a design for the 90ies/2000s … I think I haven´t seen any recently

Also no oak issues with D.Laurent, if you leave them time it´s workling out fine …

I believe the black label means something about his access to the vineyard source for that wine.

I thought I read somewhere that the black label may indicate domaine/estate fruit but I don’t know for sure. I don’t even know if D Laurent even owns any vines.

I believe it represents that the source parcel is very old vines.