TN: Ledru, 94 CVNE, 95 Prum, 90 Prum Eiswein

SALIL AND I GET TOGETHER - (11/17/2018)

• 2007 Marie-Noëlle Ledru Champagne Grand Cru Brut Millésimé - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru
    Um, yeah this was pretty freaking good. Probably the best champagne I’ve had to date (which includes Krug’s 03 Mesnil). The nose explodes with an aroma of white fruits and bread, but not just the typically bread/yeast note that is often the case in champagne. Instead, it was a delicious bread, almost brioche in nature and something I desperately was to eat while drinking this wine. Outstanding. (96 pts.)
  • 1994 C.V.N.E. (Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España) Rioja Imperial Gran Reserva - Spain, La Rioja, La Rioja Alta, Rioja
    This took about two hours in the decanter to really open up. This bottle is just entering maturity with a long way to go. Still, it offered up dark fruits along with touches of tertiary elements that are just now emerging. Hold. (94 pts.)
  • 1989 Zind-Humbrecht Gewurztraminer Goldert Vendange Tardive - France, Alsace, Alsace Grand Cru
    Sadly this wine, which had an interesting and even promising underpinning, was somewhat oxidized and not what it could have been. NR (flawed)
  • 1995 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer
    This was an outstanding bottle of wine. Showing perfectly right now, it would be hard to keep my hands off it if there was any in my cellar (thanks Salil). This showed classic notes of peach, apple, minerality, and plenty of acid. A joy to drink over the course of two hours. (97 pts.)
  • 1990 Joh. Jos. Prüm Bernkasteler Johannisbrünnchen Riesling Eiswein Lange Goldkapsel Auction - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer
    Wow. On the pop and pour this was already showing remarkable signs of complexity. After an hour, it was rocking on all cylinders. My note can’t really do this wine justice so I’ll just say that this is the best wine I’ve ever tasted. (100 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

High quality wines, company of questionable quality (and sorry I missed you last time I was down). Thanks for the multiple notes of interest!

Adrian, I agree on both counts. Hopefully we can get together over the holidays.