TN: 2015 Cantenac Brown

When I ran a cellar inventory this was one of the bdx I had the most of, with almost 2 cases of the 15. I stumbled upon a 375 of this and decided to see how it was drinking. It was definitely young but showed better than I thought it might.

Lovely ruby color with stunning aromatics. Floral notes, along with some classic bdx notes of cedar and leather.

Great structure but still accessible at this point, obviously primary. Elegant, and not overly fruit forward. Great balance and poise. This will clearly be better in 5-10 but it’s pretty nice now. One of my favorite bdx.

Margaux did well in 2015…Im surprised its still open.

1 Like

We loved this wine at the UGC tasting earlier this year - close to our favorite of the Margaux wines available then. Looking forward to my case in many years!

Tried my first 15 Margaux AOC over the wknd - a Marquis de Terme - and it was super.

If these are representative, this will be a vintage it will be hard keep the hands off of over the years!

Can’t say that I dig this 2015. Didn’t like the 2009 either. Both products of the vintage. Syrupy boysenberry, black licorice and mocha. I’m out. I really don’t like 2015 in general. Jesu Cristo, @Jeff_Leve you went 96 on this baby! And here I thought you and I were getting closer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Patience Grasshopper, while today, it’s not your thing. As you can tell from my notes, I think it’s a super wine. It’s going to get even better as it matures.

I think the 15s are in a weird place right now but will be good in time.