Turley Cabernet?

Saw the email come out yesterday for Turley’s cab release, was wondering if anyone had feedback on their cabs? I looked through cellar tracker but always love more opinions. Looked reasonably priced at $44 per but who knows.

I would personally take advantage of Steve’s final offer on Congruence before I would purchase these.

Just tried one of them a few days ago. Not sure which you’re getting but basically it’s Turley. If you like their wines, you’ll like it. They own the Dragon vineyard on Howell Mtn and I believe they own or source from Monticello and one other, and the wine actually reflects the Howell fruit. It’s big, but not sweet and cloying like say, Switchback Ridge, which is what I was expecting. While it’s big, it has tannins and it’s not hot. Nor is it loaded with vanilla from oak. It was a pretty good job IMO, but again, if you like the style. Probably a better deal than a lot costing much more.

I tried the first vintage of this, and it was okay, not over the top but very soft and plush. And I say that as someone who likes Turley zins from more recent vintages. I wouldn’t be surprised if subsequent vintages had improved from there, but I’ve only tried the first one.

Agreed with Michael that the Congruence offers are hard/impossible to beat at the moment, though a very different style of cab than Turley.

Good feedback. Thanks gents.

More Congruence here I come.

Back to the OP’s question. I think I’ve had 3 vintages, one of which may have been called “The Label”, their first shot at a Cab. Inconsistent would be the way I would describe them. I remember some being OK, some being downright bad. In my mind none worth $44 even though that sounds inexpensive.

+1000 on Congruence. Please buy it all up before I go back for more…

I’m a buyer. Big fan of the Montecillo vineyard and love to see what Turley, Arnot-Roberts, Bedrock and now Carlisle do with this special fruit.

I agree with Michael. I’m a fan of the zins and PS (zins just keep getting better under Teagan), but I’ve never been too impressed with the cabs. Best way I can describe them is probably exactly what you would expect- taste like a cab made by a zin producer.

Interesting comment. I feel the same about the Raffanelli cabs.