If you could only keep 3 online retailers...

I’ll admit I don’t have many wine shipping seasons under my belt. I’m still small fish overall as far as order/shipment size goes. But this shipping season has illustrated to me that I probably need to keep the total number of retailers I use low instead of utilizing a “spread the wealth” policy and just ordering on a whim from whichever retailer I happen to see a wine at first.

So my question is, if you could only continue to order from 3 online retailers (or retailers with an online presence), who would you continue to use?

From my year this year I would say:

1. Chambers
  2. Envoyer
  3. ??? probably JJBuckley
  1. K & L
  2. I have had nice interactions with Vino Quest

I am more inclined to give up on line retail purchasing. It’s too much of an enabler.

Hi Time
Envoyer
Full Pull

K&L
Woodland Hills
Benchmark Wine

Wine Solutions
Winebid

Napa Valley Wine & Cigar!!!

WineBid

I only use Envoyer and JJ Buckley.

JJBuckley has always been my largest shipment of the season (until I joined Enjoyer’s list this year) and I think I would keep them mostly because I really enjoy my interactions with the person who handles all my orders and because their private client prices can be pretty good deals (dont look now but 2011 Produttori Ovello is $39)

Agreed. The PCPs are great and my interactions with mine have been so pleasant.

I’ve only started buying online in the last calendar year, so my list is rather thin.

1. Grand Vin Wine Merchants
  2. Winex
  3. Chambers

The original appeal of GVWM and Winex was their compatibility with PayPal. I’ve since come to appreciate their deep inventories and competitive pricing.

The Rare Wine Company

They actually ship to Boston?

Matt, thanks for the tip - just bought their last 2 bottles! champagne.gif

[cheers.gif] enjoy!

Envoyer vins rare kl

Same as Michael — Envoyer, Vins Rare and K&L

I have pretty much given up on online retailers. I have used Winebid and Flickinger though in the past.

im curious as to why? ive had some annoyances with shipping but the retailers themselves have always been great.

EDIT: just noticed you’re in a much better wine location than I am. Im guessing availability typically has a ton to do with it.

Honestly, I used them when I just started out. My cellar is now 500 bottles plus. I am in no need of finding wines with some age on them anymore nor do I feel that I get any bargains from online retailers. I really like the interaction I have with the wineries directly. I buy mostly from allocations and a little bit at my brick and mortar store for french wines.