TN: 2002 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Ursules Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot

I’ve probably consumed more Ursules than any other Burgundy wine over the years due to price, availability and its superb performance for cost ratio (IMO). This is my third '02 opened over the last three consecutive winters. It keeps getting better. Glad to have a few more.

• 2002 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Ursules Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Beaune 1er Cru (11/12/2018)
    Another excellent showing. As good as last years. The nose is now shifting from youthful pinot to hints of forest and fall. Still a vibrant red-to dark red color. The fruit still feels young and concentrated, it fills the mouth with clean, cool black cherry fruit. Supple texture, nothing out of place. Really delicious for a Beaune 1er. Still a lot in reserve here, though this already almost a great Ursules. Rivals what I remember of the '90 and '93 at age 20 and may surpass them one day.

Posted from CellarTracker

Dennis
Tx for this note. Have you tried the 2005? Have a few slumbering

Alan,
I have not yet tried the '05. I am sitting on 3 as well. Letting them slumber. Ursules takes time, I would imagine especially in '05, based on my tasting of '05s in general.
Cheers!

Thanks Dennis sounds great. The Couchereaux from 2002 is also outstanding.

For sure, Kent! I cut my teeth when I first caught the Burgundy bug on Ursules, Couchereaux, Greves, Theurons…much pleasure for the dollar in those Jadot Beaune 1ers!
Cheers!

Dennis, I only have a couple of bottles of the 2002 Ursules. Would you drink them now or hold them further.

Howard,
I could go either way. It’s very good now, but in a still-primary-way, despite it approaching 17. I would not rush into one. I ended up with a 6er and started dipping in each of the last three years just to check in. I think the best days are still ahead. Pretty sure you are looking for what I am, the secondary/tertiary thing that aged pinot from Burgundy does so well. It’s not there yet. I might wait it out a bit. Cheers.

great & timely note - thank you. looks like I’ll be deeply burying the 14’s I picked up from K&L recently.

Oh gosh yeah. See those guys in 2035 ! For my retirement party [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the note. I’m still working on some 2001 of this, which has matured a little quicker, into a delicious Burgundy experience. The ‘99 still has time by the way.

Agree on '99. '01 is one I have not had. Piling on, the '96 was great last year.

Thanks