Recent “Should’ve bought a case” wines?

We’ve all been there…open a wine and it turns out to be way better than you had anticipated when you bought it. Alas, it’s no longer available, or at least not at the price you paid for it.
My latest, which prompted this post, is the Enfield Shake Ridge Tempranillo 2011. Showing better than ever, loads of cherry, earth, and baking spice, and my last bottle.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
What are your recent “coulda woulda shouldas?”

Arnot-Roberts 2017 Kirschenmann Zinfandel. Unusually focused, savory and lively.

Anything by D and R.
Best, Jim

Anything Sandler.

NV Roederer and Pol Roger @$37 per bottle (cheap in these parts - bought a case but should have bought 2 or 3 more).

Goodfellow chard (just received a mixed case, but it won’t last long).

Agreed! The 12.6% Alc. and bright acid is so refreshing. I was glad I bought half a case. Next time you’re in Chicago, I’d be happy to open one for you.

'09 Congruence Cab. Damn good juice, and I’m glad I bought multiple cases. May not be enough, though.

Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Anceigneres 2010. Stunning wine.

Two different points on the price spectrum:

• Recently had a rare chance to drink Ramonet Montrachet. I bought a single bottle of 2010 at a very steep tariff but had been offered up to three bottles: I now thoroughly regret not getting that “quarter case”! It now appears pretty much unobtainable and with pricing to make the not-so-long-ago steep tariff look like a steal…
  • Guillemot SLB Serpentieres 2015. I only bought six and wish I had made it two cases :slight_smile:!

2009 Smith Haut Lafitte (red) -Extremely fruity and delicious (very Napa -like,which I love) Parker 100.
Bought a case on futures @ $89.99 !
NEED MORE !

2008 Vilmart CdC. Replacement now is 150 USD. Had a bottle last weekend…stunning. Fortunately have 2 more.

2008 Chartogne-Taillet Millesime from this weekend. For a cleanly farmed 50 USD bubbly to taste as good as this does right now. I had backfilled 3…now they’re gone. Ugh. Great bubbly, one of the best this year.

Pax Sonoma Hillsides

2015 F. Lumpp Givry Clos du Cras Long. Perhaps the best under-$50 Red Burg I’ve ever had ($35 from Envoyer).

Also, 2008 Vilmart Coeur de Cuvee

And obviously, the 2014 Kutch SCM Chard.

Pierre Paillard Les Parcelles XIII

'10 McHenry PN Swan Clone. Stunning and early in its drinking window.

Vilmart 2008 cdc, recently bought some for 135 delivered, should’ve loaded up.

2008 cristal, same for $200 delivered

2011 isn’t too shabby either. Should have bought everything PCYM before the deluge. Damn Lettie Teague. [snort.gif]

Mobillion Premier Cru Brut Rose, bought one bottle while in Sacy after tasting at the winery ( only had so much room in the Wine Check). Really enjoyed it at the winery, but wasn’t sure if it was more to do with the setting. Drank it recently and I’m still haunted by it.

Moot question as the buy-by-the-case group are all unaffordables: Mascarello B, Allemand, Rougeard, etc…

Every red wine made by Steve Edmunds.

I finally figured that out, and routinely now buy a case of almost all of them.

‘17 Screagle