TN: a great Haut Brion 1962 from a low fill.

Somebody mentioned that it was one of the greatest wines he had ever had, and since my inventory showed nine bottles, I thought I should open one. What it did not show was that the fills started at medium shoulder and went down from there. I had purchased them and they had gone to a previous warehouse who did not inspect wines as they come in.

Had they come to my current warehouse, the boxes would have been checked, I would have received an e mail and the wines rejected.

I looked at the bottle, the color looked very good and clear. I used the Durand to pull a very obstinate cork. It smelled good, and the color when I decanted was amazingly dark. The aromas were pure Graves, and the fruit rich and slightly plummy, which was there but not dominant and was interesting rather than objectionable.

The wine came together beautifully. Gorgeous finish, and so complex. Really loved the wine; pretty sure I was really lucky and the wine was a great example.

Nice! It’s great when the fear at an imperfect bottle condition is overcome by the quality of the wine :slight_smile:

I’m glad expectations were exceeded! Hope some of the others show as well.