What Wine to Drink With Spaghetti Squash Jambalaya??

Suggestions ???

Wines that I have and can open are the following :

Pinot Noir
Cab Sauvignon
Petite Sirah
Dolcetto
Mourvèdre
Semillion
Cali Sparklerr
Rose

Have no problem buying a wine at a local liquor store (not "special ") or Total Wine on Long Island .

Thanks all.

More important, what the heck is spaghetti squash jambalaya? [wow.gif]

To answer your question: I like spatlese Riesling with jambalaya, assuming it’s spicy.

I don’t know , but I will find out after I make it.

Jambalaya using spaghetti squash instead of rice (wife’s trying to limit her carb intake). And will be a little spicy (not too hot).

With winter squash and spicy I’d say Pinot Gris. Alsatian?

My wife thought red Zinfandel. Thoughts ?

When going into uncharted territory sparklers are my default option, so I would pick the Cali sparkler from your list. If you feel like venturing out to Total, Cava might be an even better choice - the last time I checked they had Raventos, which is very good and very versatile. Total also has a fine selection of Finger Lakes rieslings, which are also a good option. Ravines on the higher end and Standing Stone on the lower end should both work. Absent more information on what the spice will be like, I would stay away from the heavy reds.

Im thinking Sauvignon Blanc.

Old Bay seasoning and Andouille sausage are the spicy components.

I would go with a Sparkler or Riesling. Petite Sirah if you want a red.

Off dry Riesling for me. Zinfandel if you want red.

Cali sparkler if you don’t want to make a trip the the store.

I know this wasnt part of the question but if she wants to cut back on carbs, take out the spaghetti and alcohol. These 2 components have a lot of carbs. Go water. :slight_smile:

Thanks but it’s spaghetti squash (veggie ) and the wine is not optional!!!

Rose is my first choice, not one of the really pale ones, a darker one with some oomph. Spain, Italy and Greece do this style well.

If red, either Zinfandel or Petite Sirah.

If dry white, Alsace Pinot Gris.

If off-dry white, German Nahe Riesling Kabinett… halbtrocken would be good.

Not sure about bubbly… Cali sparkler can be anything from august Schrambsberg to Andre (joke.). But if bubbly, I would go with something mid-range, relatively young and fresh, not real Champagne. From California, Mirabelle (a less expensive product of Schramsberg) sounds about right.

Dan Kravitz

Skin fermented white or Riesling.

Tom

Went with a Zin. Preceded by a Pinot Noir while cooking. Thanks all.

Just saw this. Zin was a good choice. From your list I might have tried it out with the semillon too.

Go with the lowest alcohol content of your options. It would likely be nice to have a “cooler” wine with the heat from the food.

Bruce, your wife is very wise!

If you want red, ripe lower tannin zin is a good call. Turley for example.