TN: 2008 Vincent Dauvissat (René & Vincent) Chablis 1er Cru Séchet

Posted from CellarTracker

Yeah. A number of my 2008’s have been premoxed, but my Sechet have been stunningly steely across the board.

John, I’ve had a few '08 Forest premox’d but all 6 bottles of Sechet have been splendid.

Yes–Preuses majority have been pre-moxed, clos about 1/2, Forest and Vaillons moderate number. but no premoxed sechet as well.

Had a premox’d '08 Clos in France earlier this year too.

Great . All his 2008 grand cru’s I tasted were oxidyzed , never the premier cru’s . Bizarre .

Had an oxidised 08 forest from them earlier this week and an excellent preuses 08 a month ago

hmm…perhaps you need reading glasses? If you have any 09’s of this, I would suggest drinking up.

5…4…3…2…1… (Stuart, this is your cue).

I’ve got a bunch of '14 Dauvissat Clos and a few Preuses…any sign of early onset pre-mox?

Why? Premox as well? (I’ve always defended Dauvissat’s premox record, until my experience with 2008. I usually set mine aside for several years, so I don’t have all that much experience with vintages less than 8-10 years old. The other day, on an exceptionally bad night I had a premoxed 2008 Forest. Then opened a 2007 Forest–corked. So then a 2009 Forest. Premoxed. Drank scotch with dinner.)

Bummer about the premox. Of my case or so of 2007 Forest/Vaillons and a few 2010s (Forest/Sechet/Vaillons) not a single bottle was advanced. I wonder what happened in 2008?

Start drinking it soon or your will be draining those in future!

I don’t have any reason to be worried about 2014–a great vintage by the way. I don’t particularly enjoy drinking dauvissat early You will miss a lot by drinking them too early out of anxiety. I would just be patient and drink them in a normal time frame.

I would think so. Drank 2 of them because they were getting long in the tooth. Sometimes hard to tell premox from the wine’s natural evolution to oldness, but the color was darker than it should have been.