Help With Wine List-TriBeCa Grill

My wife and another coworker are entertaining clients tomorrow night . Budget is an issue and nobody is “that” into wine. She’s not going to BYOB. I don’t know how they plan on going in terms of wines (regions, varieties, etc).

I suggested she stick to “dave’s picks” for ease of ordering and value/price .

Any thoughts/insight? List found below .

http://www.myriadrestaurantgroup.com/cms/uploads/files/6cad376729b53544f4cd324c2c8dd3ae.pdf

Actually seems like a reasonably priced list, the Paso Rhones are well priced Alban Pandora at $260 is only $100 over release

Hard to make suggestions without knowing budget and something about preferences, red, white, etc.

If nobody is that into wine, I’d keep it easy. Maybe a Reisling or Huet and then a Beaujolais, fruity and fresh but easy drinking. I’d think everyone could enjoy those without needing too much focus on the wine.

That said, there are lots of good options:

White:

• Reinhold Haart, ‘Piesporter Goldtröpfchen’ Kabinett 2002 - $88 - Should be at a very good point in its life. Just warn them it’s a tad sweet. Perfect as an apertif or with a first course. NOT a dessert wine.

• De Villaine, Aligoté de Bouzeron, 2015 (or any vintage) -$74 - Usually a very interesting, crisp, minerally white.

• Dom. des Baumard, ‘Clos du Papillon,’ Savennières, - 2009 - $85

Red:

• Domaine Tempier, Bandol, 2017 - $98 - Hard to go wrong with Tempier, young or old.

The Tempier is a Rose rather than a Red, but still a nice choice.

-Al

Nice list. I’d start with a Ramonet white of some description then have a Roumier Bussiere.

What a lovely list. So many options. 96 Grange is well under the odds. With a list that well chosen, ask your sommelier. Give them a budget and style parameters. I can’t really spot a weakness on the list.

How many ppl, how big are the clients ?
for really low cost the suggestion of the Aligote from A+P de Villaine, but Clients suggest they spend real money and I would go directly to Jeremy’s suggestion of Ramonet whites from 14/16

The picpoul blanc from Dave’s picks is a great white for a mixed crowd and I’ve found that pretty much everybody enjoys a good Grenache, and they seem to have a good selection to choose from, the beckmen, ‘cuvee le bec,’ is a well priced option.

2007 Arcadian Sleepy Hollow Vineyard Chardonnay $95

or

2015 Alzinger Loibner Muhlpoint Gruner Veltliner $92

then for red

2015 Sandhi Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir $65

or

2014 Bedrock North Coast Syrah $60

Keller.

One of the better wine lists I’ve looked at. Many bargains and many unicorns. Would need to know what someone liked and what they wanted to spend before making any specific recommendations but would stay away from the burgundies. Nice ones but both the reds and whites are pricey. The Cab Francs are mostly a good buy. Picpoul also a crowd pleaser.

So one person stuck to Vodka, one person stuck to a Sauvignon Blanc, and my wife and her colleague ended up with one the Grenaches from Dave’s picks. Thanks all.