2014 Jadot Meursault Charmes, when to drink?

Would you pop this now? It’s perfectly clear and light colored.

Yup. Until I know PremOx is a thing of the past here, I would never wait.

Yeah, though it might need plenty of air. Some of my 10’s were awesome on day 2. Excellent wine when you get a good bottle.

Yesterday.

Are you guys less worried after the change in corks?

I saw 3 bottles of 14 jadot Montrachet in the store for a good price, but not sure if I want to roll the dice on that lol

Come on, man. The level of perma-freakout around here about premox seems excessive sometimes. Live a little, age your wine a few years.

Yeah the Charmes was $60, so I don’t mind letting it sit a bit, but 400/pop for the Montrachet maybe not so much.

Not with Jadot, until proven otherwise.

Used to be with you, Jim—I still burn at a carefully kept 02 Charmes that was undrinkable. But my last 3 bottles of their Chassagne Clos de la Chappelle (two 2012s and a 2014) have all been brilliant or better. I still won’t age their products a long time, but I’m willing to avoid Pobega-ing the stuff now.

Michael, maybe get a couple bottles? Try one now (if you do, I do suggest a decant at least, if not slow-ox the night before) and then maybe 2-5 years from now. I am of the belief that at least some Burgundian producers have changed their winemaking style to make the whites a little earlier-drinking.

I only have the one bottle; it’s being closed out T FWGS and there was one available close to me. Don’t really feel like driving an hour to get one more haha

Jadot is using Diam now right?

$400 for Full Monty 2014? That’s a great price.

That’s right.

2015 whites showed very well earlier this year and the 2017s were tasting great a couple of weeks ago. They have taken premox very seriously and are now very candid about admitting that there have been problems. Since the house style makes a reasonably strong imprint, aging is essential, so fingers crossed the wines will now age as they used to.

I would go with the Demoiselles over the Montrachet FWIW.

Seriously, of the 100s of white Burgs I´ve tasted/drunk I´ve had some 11/12 bts. clearly premoxed, cannot remember a Jadot among them, but at least 3 Bonneau dM.
Definitely more TCA than premoxed …
I´d wait until 2022/24 at the very least …

At a recent dinner with Jacques Lardière recently, we had a poxed 2005 something or other. He was visibly displeased about it. We also had two 2012s which showed very reduced, which Jacques pointed out as well (I made the wine but didn’t finish it). He mentioned that he wasn’t a fan of the trend in white Burgundy getting more reduced. Not to put you on the spot here, William, but do you think the style of the whites at Jadot has changed since Jacques left?

In before “now they’re not oxidized”.

Looks good on paper, though it’s negociant and not a highly regarded source from what I understand.

I liked the 2007 quite a bit. I had bad luck with 2006 and 2010 though (premoxed)

i’ve had some very nice jadot monty just too bad about dat premox.

That’s good to hear because they stonewalled about it for years.

Yeah 434 a bottle or so. If you’re in PA look at the fwgs website.