01 Meo Cros Parentoux, 04 Lafon Montie, 06 Coche Perrieres

Drunk from the list of a great Brussels restaurant. The wine bill ended up just slightly over €1,000 - such are the joys of restaurants with deep cellars and longstanding allocations.

04 Lafon Montie: very shy on opening. Left it opened for an hour. Surprisingly soft given vintage. There’s plenty of matter and good aromatics but lacks bite for 04 and disappoints a little given the vintage. May have been nicer earlier?

06 Coche Perrieres: head and shoulders above the Lafon. Wow. A nose that can’t be anything but Coche. Manages to be broad and very mineral at the same time. Long. Great texture. Chapeau…

01 Meo Cros Parentoux: Clearly a classy wine but lacked a bit of fireworks. No obvious faults, just everything tuned down a little. Notes of red cherries, some spice. Drunk this with a couple of friends who are not into wine telling them they’d get their burgundy revelation and I think they wondered what the fuss is all about.

Thx Thomas great wines and notes! Yes quite a few restaurants in Belgium have deep cellars and longstanding Burgundy allocations but don’t know the place in Brussels?

I’ve had the 01 Brulees, and the wine is magical. I’m just wondering if the CP was shut down still, or the bottle was off?

What a find, and a great way to spend 1000 Euros. Nicely done!

You can see the restaurant on his instagram profile. But a nice list, should visit when I get to Brussels.