TN: Jean Paul & Benoît Droin Chablis Montee de Tonnerre 2005

Love Chablis with some age and pretty sure Montee de Tonnerre is my favorite PC vineyard.

Cork came out perfect with a little crystallization on bottom, wine color shows very little age. Popped and let warm a bit and showed a nose of meyer lemon, white flowers, spice and wet stone. Palate has weight with balance, giving the impression of richness, immediately balanced by acidity showing a creamy texture with zip to keep it lively. Lemons and minerals with spice and floral flavors all intermingle while balancing power and acid.

Yum.

they make superb Chablis. I shied away after my 96 stash fell apart. Interestingly, Vaudesir didn’t premox—Clos and others did. If they have solved their issues, I should retry.

Found some for $30 so my risk vs. reward ratio was met!

I also really like Droin. I’d heard that they were a poster child for premox but I usually drink them young.

Another fan here. Guess I’ve been lucky on the 5 bottles I’ve opened recently. All 2010 or younger. All very good.
Nice value.
This sounds nice, Kris. Thanks for the note.

I read they are sealed under Diam now. So I purchased a few bottles of 2016 vintages.

Yes, I, too, am a big fan, feel like they don’t get so much attention here–more in France if price is an indication, but maybe it’s the premox thing. laid down some of their '14 Blanchot, so I am hoping for good results.