Election Wines

I always enjoy watching election returns. Trying to think of something interesting to open tonight. Give me some suggestions. For the purposes of this thread, there will be no great connotation to picked a “red” wine - we’ll just leave that lone.

Nothing from Virginia.

I have a bottle of sparkling on standby.

Just popped a 2010 A.P. Vin Turner vineyard pinot… more for the food pairing than the election results.

An assortment of Krug

Best part of the night will be a dump bucket.

Field Book Albariño, Alpha Omega Toyon vineyard and Drew vineyard chardonnays.

Not watching any news, gonna watch the last two Harry Potter movies with my wife and her mom.

Whatever it is, I suggest wine bottled in splits – given the terrible division in our nation right now.

for when the Blue takes the house? or when the Red retains the Senate?
:wink:

(kidding, not trying to be political)…

“In victory, you deserve Champagne; in defeat, you need it."

Or, another variation: “I drink Champagne when I win, to celebrate… and I drink Champagne when I lose, to console myself."

So, either way, Champagne! champagne.gif

Hope everyone has something positive happen tonight.

Drank World’s End Little Sister Merlot 2 years ago on election night. Have not yet decided on tonight’s wine.

Taking a 3L of Cambria Chardonnay to HQ for the watch/returns party-should be a crowd pleaser.

We’re having salmon and in following with Napoleon’s sentiments, Champagne seems appropriate for both the meal and the action.

For no apparent reason, I have a craving for German wine so I put a A.J. Adam in the freezer.

Really wanted an ESJ but I drank my last one a few weeks ago :frowning:

Beckstoffer “The Debate” seems most appropriate given the state of politics at this point.

but maybe we should be hopeful and drink “The Discussion” instead?

personally, my choice for elections is whiskey. American Bourbon Whiskey.

Is this any good? I see it on Vivino often.

‘13 Saxum James Berry. If things don’t go my way, at 15.7% alc, at least it won’t hurt as much.

If you ever find yourself in Boston I’d be happy to open some ESJ with you.

Great list.

2013 Radio-Coteau Zinfandel Lemorel