UPS Shipment Damaged in Transit

This is a new one for me, never had a shipment get stopped mid-transit for damage (though I figured something was up on this when when it didn’t show up as expected on Friday). How have you guys handled this in the past?
Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 8.22.06 AM.png

From a Pennsylvania retailer?

Whoever shipped the wine will need to file a claim with UPS.

Where did you get that from? [bye.gif]

The screenshot indicates not. So, in lovely Pennsylvania, the wine bureaucrats provide this complete list of permissible NJ wine shippers---------all four.

It was being shipped to NJ from CA. Already reached out to ensure they file a claim.

Presumably because Pennsylvania has very restrictive shipping laws from out of state and OP lists location as PA.

I have had this happen. I called the winery, and they contacted the shipper, sent me a new order of wine. The funniest part is that several months later, the busted shipment showed up at my door with a hole in the corner and one bottle missing. I called the shipper and left a voice mail, but never heard back. And we drank both cases happily and without the ability to tell the two apart.

I’ve had this happen twice, both with shipments from Rhys (I live in the SF Bay Area so not a long shipment)

First time the box was delivered “repackaged” seems they (UPS) had dropped the case and broken two bottles so the wrapped up the others in brown paper and delivered them in a new box. Rhys replaced the two broken bottles (and even offered to replace the others since the wine was red and got on some of the other labels).

Second time box was not delivered (UPS again) but returned to Rhys so not sure what the damage was. About two weeks later a nice case showed up.