Virtual Tasting Series Compendium 2018 - WB Charity ***README***

A Wineberserker Public Service Announcement
The 6th annual Virtual Tasting Series (VTS) is ready to go. The first week for 2018 kicks off the week beforeThanksgiving and runs through the following Wednesday giving those time to post a tasting note into the thread. Each week is hosted by a fellow Wineberserker who decides the theme, format, and the charity they’d like to support.

Matching Donations: if you’d like to co-host the current week by matching the donations then just post into that week’s thread “I’m matching” and any terms and conditions you’d like to add. A number of people have requested this and it’s a great idea so have look below and pick a week you’d be interested in matching.

Week__Date_____Theme / Host - Charity

1. NOV16 - NOV28 - Anything Pinot Noir - Frank Murray - Laura’s House
  2. NOV28 - DEC5 - California Zin - Brian Tuite - Jason Hagen GoFundMe
  3. DEC5 - DEC12 - Riesling - D@vid B@eker - Dakin Humane Society
  4. DEC12 - DEC19 -Bordeaux - Carlos Delphin - Puerto Rico Hurricane Relief
  5. DEC19 - DEC26 - Beer Intermezzo - Rick Allen - McMinnville Education Foundation.
  6. DEC26 - JAN4 - Champagne - Jay Hack - Center for Post-Graduate Opportunities and Fellowships, John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

Here’s the Compendium for the previous years.

2013 Compendium
2014 Compendium
2015 Compendium
2016 Compendium
2017 Compendium

Who’s in for a host week for a good cause? Looking for hosts interested in supporting their favorite charities.

How do you do it? Post the week you want. Pick a charity, theme, and format. Post it right here.

I do all the work for you starting the thread, etc. You just sit back and relax.

It’s that easy. First come first serve while weeks are open

I am in. And we’ll do the same as past years. Anything Pinot Noir. I will pay $5 per posted TN, and $10 per TN if you post a photo of you with the TN. However posting the bottle label doesn’t count for the $10 note. I recognize some of us don’t want photos of ourselves on the web. It’s cool if you don’t but know more than ever, we need some humanity in our lives. Whatever you decide, every TN for PN will help Laura’s House. I’ll share more info on my week shortly, so you can understand where my donation will go.

I’ll do week 2 with the donation going to the Jason Hagen GoFundMe to help wth his fight wth liver failure. Same rules as Frankies with the $5 per note $10 if you include a pic of you wth the bottle. Theme for this one is Zinfandel, Californias Heritage grape (brought over from Croatia). Zinfandel dominant field blends accepted. Let us know if you would like to match at any dollar level.

Okay, you’re good to go. I’ll handle the rest and notify you when I started your thread so you can play along.

I am going to change it up this year, and do Riesling the week of 12/5 - 12/12, still in support of Dakin Humane Society. Same rules as Frank.

Excellent! I have Riesling!

One thing we ought to be clear about is that the idea is to open and taste things that week. It’s not a dumping ground for whatever’s been opened in the last six months.

FMIII has posted details for week 1 here.

Thank you Brian. So kind. And I couldn’t think of a better wine than Zin! My first (wine) love.

Jason

Hi Jason, glad this effort got picked up. I knew it would.

Still have a few weeks left for sponsors. I’ll take the last one standing.

I’m opening a monster for FMIII on Sunday. Unfortunately, not a $20 DRC.

Bridge, I can take the week of December 12 with a Bordeaux theme. Benefit will be Puerto Rico Hurricane Relief. Let me know if that works.

you got it. [cheers.gif]

Look at Carlos, “Bridge”ing the gap. [welldone.gif]

This needs a beer intermezzo. I’ll take the week before Christmas. $5 for a Craft and/or German/Czech lager TN, $10 for a Heater Allen TN, and $20 for a Heater Allen Sandy Paws TN (this means you, Scott!). Add $5 if you post a picture of the Heater Allen beer.

My bad! I should have pinged you.

The beer intermezzo is always very popular.

Think about which charity you’d like to support.

Sorry, the charity is the McMinnville Education Foundation.

One unclaimed week. How many active WBers do we have around here? Someone give us a hand and take the last week of the year.

Don’t worry someone will take it. If not, I will and It’ll be lambrusca!

Fear not the faithful are watching.

Brig, i believe Mr Hack has declared Champagne for the remaining week. Check with him.