2009 Dm G. Roumier CM villages - yum

2009 Dm G. Roumier Chambolle Musigny villages: Had this last night, what a joy to drink. Youthful and exuberant with loads and loads of lovely dark red fruits and an amazing silky balance and length, nice acidity making it fresh and enticing. Drinks more like a good 1er cru. I am sure this will age effortlessly but it is so damn drinkable right now, I doubt my remaining bottle will last that long. Roumier CM villages is a wonderful wine and always over delivers

Brodie

It overdelivered at $40. Not sure that can still be said when it’s selling for $250.

Fair comment and I agree at $250 it is not great QPR. But since I paid less than US$60 for it, I am extremely happy with the quality for the price

Brodie

Still remember first tasting the '90 at a poker game in 93 or 94. That was the first time I tasted Roumier, and I remember thinking- wow , this is good. Went back and bought sherry lehman out. Think it was $27.Finished that off , although I still have some of the '02

That must’ve been killer. Some 1er Fuees still goes in the blend, though I’m not sure on the % composition I’d guess around 10%, anyone know?

Anyhow, back in 90’ I’m pretty sure there was some 1er Combottes and Cras as well.

I picked up a case of the 1993 vintage of this wine from the Wine Club SF for the princely sum of $25.99/bottle. I have 2 left, it’s a wine that has always delivered well above it’s OLD price point. Agree, at $250 it’s not exactly a bargain.

Still have a bunch of the 2008, which is not as friendly. That said, it has legs. I miss those days.

I still think the 1995 is the best village wine I’ve ever had. The wine and ~$30ish price tag are long gone. [head-bang.gif]

Only one bottle of ‘96 and two of the ‘99 left in my cellar unfortunately.

Good one Brodie: Great producer, great vintage, great wine. Roumier! [worship.gif]

Your standards are slipping. It’s just a village wine, and as such clearly beneath you.

Village wine from Roumier >> Grand cru from a crappy producer [snort.gif]

D@vid, my standards are for a good drink. In burgundy, if you go for a great producer and great vintage, chances are you have a good drink. All the way from a village to GC.

I was lucky to buy a few bottles of the terrific 1999 while the bottling was still a tremendous bargain. I’m both anxious yet SO reluctant to drink my last bottle.