TN: 2014 Aeris Wines Etna Bianco Superiore (Italy, Sicily, Etna DOC)

• 2014 Aeris Wines Etna Bianco Superiore - Italy, Sicily, Etna DOC (11/2/2018)
    Delicious and fascinating tonight, stony saline minerality with the most subtle hint of bright lime. A great showing. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

This lady is an enchantress. Tonight she really began to reveal her charms.

Great to hear you enjoyed this Mike. I am really excited about the potential of this grape in California. The 2017 Centennial Mtn Carricante is looking really promising after a year in cask.

I love Carricante, Salvo Foti’s wines did it for me. Glad to note it’s showing well in California.

Mikey D…‘the lady is an enchantress’? What the hell are you talking about? [pillow-fight.gif] Please, come back from the world of the critics and join us again, please. I will send an Uber to get you, just email me your address.

My thoughts on the wine:

2014 Aeris Wines Etna Bianco Superiore - Italy, Sicily, Etna DOC (11/5/2018)
Interesting wine that is currently showing more on the nose than on the palate. There is a prominent key lime note, as well as fresh hay and struck quartz. In the mouth it’s quiet, with all the aromatics turned down a couple of notches. On that basis I will let my other bottles rest for a while, trusting that the lovely aromas will eventually win out, and translate into the mouth.

Posted from CellarTracker

Particularly interested in trying this just coming off a trip to Sicily and wine tasting on Mt. Etna.