Recent red B’dy vintages that drink great now?

I had some amazing 2010 villages and 1ers recently … sipping lovely Bitouzet Volnay Taillepieds as I am typing this …

What other vintages are in good shape now?

Had nice cdb 1er and cdn village wines of late.

2001, 2002, 2006, 2007, and 2008. Some 2010s are quite good right now, but the better ones need time.

The last bottle of 2010 A. et P. de Villaine Mercurey Les Montots was lovely…every 02 I’ve had has been in a good spot too.

Howard,

Your list of vintages makes a lot of sense, but I will take issue with 2006. I am still hoping to open a convincing 2006 bottle …

M

Yeah 06 has been pretty disappointing for me, too. Even a few excellent producers like Angerville and Chevillon have been pretty mediocre.

Has 2009 ever really shut down?

If with you guys on this one. The 06s just leave me cold. There’s always something slightly muddy and unfocused about them. I remember being part of a minority that preferred the sunny, easy 07s, which have always been fun, if seldom profound. I also like 08, many of which have rounded into form, albeit with a tangy acid streak.

The 13s are also fun young.

I’ve had a few that were. I mainly trying to stay away from 09s and 10s because I think they have more upside than anything else between 05 and 15, though i’m Still not sure what to make of 14. I like the wines, but don’t have a feel for where they’ll go or where they rank.

We served the 2012 Prieur Roche NSG VV at a tasting. The guesses were all that the wine was old, and fully mature, most guess that it was from the 1980s or earlier. The nose was killer old Burgundy, and the palate almost as good. Loved the wine, and I have to say an old Burgundy experience from a young cult wine and a idiosyncratic producer. Not cheap though, all in around $200, but it is exactly what you are looking for.

2000 is my current go-to vintage. Just love the mix of freshness and developing autumnal characteristics.

6EF00E5D-23AF-4D99-8F14-B06499132C61.png

Yup I’m with you

Sorry but what does “autumnal” mean with respect to wine? Like decaying leaves/forest floor?

Sticking with relatively recent vintages, 2000/2001/2002/2007 and 2008 1ers. I do like the fun 2013s and 2014s for primary deliciousness. Also I think some 2010s are still drinking. 2009 is not my cup of tea.

The two best young Burgundies I’ve had recently were from 2013. I really didn’t expect that.

Yes

I stocked up a few from village to GC in 2013s, despite a few naysayers. Glad its showing well!

Bummer! I have couple of wines (MG and d’Angerville) I was eager to check in.