2007 Embruix de Val Llach

Very dark crimson color. Beautiful aromas are all black fruit and mineral, with black raspberry, black cherry and a touch of blueberry. There’s a touch of well-integrated oak as well as some garrigue. The palate follows through. The texture is silky, with very fine tannins mostly resolved, medium to full in body with lots of ripe, forward, secondary fruit, a tiny, welcome hint of something almost chalky, fine intensity, excellent balance, a moderately long finish and nothing out of place. I would guess that the top wine would have a touch more intensity and vivacity, for a whole lot more money. Rated 93, will certainly hold at least a few more years but probably won’t improve.

Dan Kravitz

Have a few of rhese

I think I drank up a half case of either 2001 or 2004 in their gleeful youth.

The estate was profiled in a recent Wine Spectator, so I guess they are becoming better known.

I starting drinking this wine with the 2003 vintage and have picked them up every so often when I see them on sale. Recently bought a 2015 for $19.98 to try and really enjoyed. Bought a few more to drink over time. Spain, for me, remains the best value for wines I like.

This was a easy steal back in the day. Went through cases of the 01 & 02 but haven’t had any since. Might need to revisit, TY.