Christophe Roumier Vosne Romanee Les Beaux Monts??

Hi,

While gleaming through the latest catalogue of Sotheby’s featuring the collection of James H. Clark in New York on 17 November. I came across this page featuring the Vosne Romanee 1er Cru Les Beaux Monts by Christophe Roumier. Estimates are USD $ 6000 - 9,000 for 12 (I suspect this will hit a high estimate given the unicorn status). Apart from his Ruchottes and Charmes Chambertins, I have not seen a 3rd Christophe Roumier label.

I never read about or encountered this bottling until now, anyone has any info on how many vintages he bottled this and whose vines were those?

I am not allowed to add attachment on this post, so have please take a look here for the photo: : Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Thanks.

Seems sketchy to me. But there are 3 bottles logged on CT and very poor Gilman score.

Interesting- news to me too, but with Sotheby’s I would have to believe they are legitimate. That is a most trustworthy operation. Remember that back then Roumier was still very much an insider secret. The WA gave the wines low 90s scores, and so while there was an active market in the US among cognoscenti, Roumier was not blue chip from a market perspective. At the time it was still possible to buy near full cases of Musigny without having to fight for them.