TN: 2014 Domaine du Tunnel (Stéphane Robert) Cornas

Continuing my celebration that it finally fells like fall. Good wine on a chilly -grey afternoon.

• 2014 Domaine du Tunnel (Stéphane Robert) Cornas - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas (10/27/2018)
    Right now, this is showing black olive, pepper and even tobacco notes. There’s a core of red fruit that is tight and wiry right now. It has nice weight and structure, iron and meat come on with time. It hasn’t rounded out yet, needs some years to really unwind. But there appears to be good material here and it is already a decent drink.

Posted from CellarTracker

This may be the only other note I have seen from this producer besides me. Nice to see others have found some stateside. I have not had any since the 2004 vintage and it looks like this is the regular Cuvee. I forget what the old Juge Cuvee C vines cuvee is called now, Vin Noir or something. I’ve tried these back to 1995 which I think was the first wine he made. I still have a very few of the 1999-2004 left. His wines are a more modern take on Cornas that some producers but I imagine that is changing.

Thx for posting.

Hi John,
Thanks for that info. Not a producer I follow, bought some when I found a deal so I could scratch that occasional Cornas itch. I could see this being labeled as leaning modern, even in its youth. I have a couple more to follow a bit. Happy with the purchase.
Cheers.

If anyone is interested Robert Panzer just sent out his offering for the ‘17 Tunnel white and reds.

I’ve got some 04s. 05s, and 06s collected from my days going to the Marche aux Vins in Ampuis. I’ve always preferred the basic cuvee to the reserve cuvee they’ve always offered.